Re: Re: crazy weather/ flooding

I'm afraid that most people are clueless about flooding- until they get a notice from their homeowner's insurance co.

People also figure that since permits are needed to build, that developers wouldn't be permitted to build in flood-prone areas.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2006 7:12 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: crazy weather/ flooding

Developers here are always building in flood plains or filled in wetlands. Then the stupid people who buy those houses act shocked when they get flooded during heavy rains. It just blows my mind. "Mr. Green" must visit a lot of officials to get those building permits issued in the first place.
zone 7
West TN

-- Original Message ----- From: "Daryl" <pulis@mindspring.com>