From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2006 4:36 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Spring

Weather's nice here today. Low 80s; slight breeze. We went plant shopping
this AM [present for one of Ms Fatma's co-workers], and I was once again
surprised at all of the inappropriate [e.g. delphiniums] and oddball native
[e.g. pigeon plums] stuff in the box store garden centers.

At the plantation, I picked the last of our first tomato crop [more canning
tomorrow] and another 5 pound papaya. There appears to be an exceptionally
large fruit set on the mangos, the Buddha's hand, and the avocado this year;
I hope they stay the season. So far it's been a very good year for our fruit
trees and vegetable garden.

On Mar 12, 2006, at 3:52 PM, Zemuly Sanders wrote:

> Holy cow!  I just got home from the grocery store and checked the
> weather channel.  Looks like Kansas City is getting pummeled.  We are
> due for strong t'storms with possible hail tonight.  I can hardly wait
> -- NOT.  Hope we don't get the 4" hail stones they are predicting for
> northwest Arkansas.  It is in the low 80s here now.  I really hate the
> weather this time of the year.
> zem
> zone 7
> West TN