RE: Now I know it's spring

Jim, such a tender scenario!  I always root for the underdog, too.  (LOL!!!)

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 1:41 PM
To: Garden Chat
Subject: [CHAT] Now I know it's spring

I've always relied on the mockingbirds to tell me when spring is really
here. I was in the parking lot at the bank today--trying to find the end of
my seat-belt so I could buckle it and avoid going to prison for an
indeterminate sentence--when I heard this terrible ruckus. I looked up to
see a feisty mockingbird kicking the crap out of a crow in mid-air. The crow
was about ten times the size of the mockingbird. It was a classic battle,
like a Saracen on his Arabian pony attacking a crusader on his plough horse.
Yep, spring's here for certain.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W