Re: Wisteria help.

That's what we were told some years ago, so since then we have waited to
prune, and sometimes not pruned at all.  Nothing worked.  Every year  it already
had foliage all over it and new shoots going everywhere.  This  year I haven't
cut the old wood at all, just the new vines that are growing up  every tree
already.  Surely it should bloom well before it does all that,  since I would
think all it's energy is going into new vine production.   This is what it does
every year......that's why someone said too much  nitrogen...it hasn't gotten
any nitrogen in years now.  Still behaves the  same.  Even did the root
prune.  Nothing helps.  I think,  FINALLY, I will take Kitty's lead and take it
out.  We have so many vines  that I'd love to try, so this one is going to have
to go.  If we do want to  get rid of it, any tips on doing so???  I've never
gotten rid of a good  plant....they are usually dead or close to it.  Or we move
it.  I want  to do it right so I don't end up with this vine coming up all
over.  Only  vine I've ever tried to get rid of was a trumpet, and that is a
nightmare.....it  comes up everywhere when cutting the roots!!!
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 3/15/2006 11:02:25 PM Central Standard Time,