Lady Chatsworth News

Well, our Lady Chatsworth has six eggs so far in her nest. What concerns
me is the fluctuating weather...from warm to really cold..and she does
not seem to be sitting on them for long. When she leaves her nest, she
covers the whole thing up with dirt, sticks and leaves so nobody can see
it. But I don't know if that is enough insulation to keep them warm.
This is my first goose so I have no clue. I DO know that our guineas
take a week to lay around 20-30 eggs and don't sit on them until the
last egg is laid, then they start sitting on them. But they don't start
that until April sometime. Our ducks are beginning to nest as well.