Re: Re: Wisteria

Mine is also Chinese wisteria. It was a stem that had rooted. I have to keep it pruned or it will take down my fence. It has been blooming profusely since the second year I had it.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 4:16 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Re: Wisteria

Thanks Chris, this is pretty much the info I got from the AHS list some
years ago too....that's why we made sure not to give it nitrogen at all, and have
given it no fertilizer at all in recent years, totally neglecting it....more
or less hoping it would die. So we could replace it without guilt. We've
gone years where we didn't prune it, other years we did. Nothing. As for
water, it gets little if any supplimental water...so some years it gets a lot
due to heavy rains, other years hardly any.

It's a chinese wisteria...the kind that is deciduous, blooms in spring,
clusters of light purple blooms. I purchased it as an established vine in a one
gallon nursery container. No idea if it was seed grown or cutting. It was
not blooming when we got it, which I was told is a problem...since most are
sold blooming. I thought perhaps it was the climate, but they grow wild
around here blooming their heads off. I personally think it is time it goes, 15
years is enough time to wait....any clues how to do this effectively??
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 3/16/2006 10:38:10 AM Central Standard Time,