To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 2:52 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Help with H. americana!

That is one of the things that makes me come back or
shop elsewhere in the future. I can't stand when I end
up buying a 'plug' at the cost of gallons...When I was
running the native plant sales, our pricing was real-
you got what you paid for and we had a variety of
sizes.
Yeah.  Some of their other stuff was really impressive looking,
but some of it was puny.  But the Hepatica were really bad.

They had packed the plants with long strips of shredded newspaper,
so in taking them out all of the plants were tangled and just
floating around in the box.

BTW, I do realize some plants are worth more than
others, but don't advertize a large plant when you are
getting a small one with some extra dirt just thrown
in... which most likely is what happened to Chris -
not enough root system to keep it in the pot during
shipping.
This is one of the reasons why I tried buying larger plants this
year; since I won't have as much of a 'growing on' period as I'd
like, I'm eating the cost and ordering larger plants.  But boy, they
got me good on this one.  :)

I think I'll have to unlist it from my catalog.  :(

Chris