Re: Baby bunnies

Aren't rabbit pellets simply compressed alfalfa?

On Mar 18, 2006, at 8:19 PM, Bonnie & Bill Morgan wrote:

When we raised bunnies we learned NOT to feed them lettuce. It gives them,
errr...., diarrhea something terrible. It would be better to give them
alfalfa. And trust me, they like alfalfa much better anyway.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Christopher P. Lindsey
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2006 7:32 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Baby bunnies

The only other animal I'm worried about is the neighbor's cat.  She
likes to brag about how it's part bobcat and it has no problems
jumping the 8'
fence between us both.

I hate outdoor cats...
hum.... might have been. Didn't think you had cats in your yard.
Not too many lately -- I ended up taking the bird feeder down because their
cat would camp out under it.

I should start flinging Romeo's waste into their yard if their cat's going
to hang out in mine. :)

 You can hope, but I think they will be back to enjoy all of your
plants on a daily bases while Romeo is inside...
I wish there was a way to tell them to eat something particular. I'd gladly
buy them lettuce if they'd eat it, but no... They decide the hydrangeas are
tastier and it's all over. :)

Chris

Island Jim
Southwest Florida