To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2006 9:29 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Baby bunnies

Hey Chris-  I have managed to reduce the cats in my back yard- my idea
of planting pyracantha did actually help.  The corner where most of them
used to come in is now completely covered by the Gold Rush pyracantha
plants I put in about 4 years ago- and guess what-  the kitties don't
like getting their toes poked.  It gives the birds a great cover and
habitat that is safe.  I have my bird feeder right next to it.  I also
have a couple of climbing roses along other parts of the fence.  Yeah!
success.  Now if I could get them to stop using my front garden as a
litter box.

Theresa
Who loves cats- owns 3 of them- but hates neighborhood cats who IMHO
should be kept indoors.

Christopher P. Lindsey wrote:

The only other animal I'm worried about is the
neighbor's cat.  She likes
to brag about how it's part bobcat and it has no
problems jumping the 8'
fence between us both.

I hate outdoor cats...

hum.... might have been. Didn't think you had cats in
your yard.

Not too many lately -- I ended up taking the bird feeder down because their
cat would camp out under it.

I should start flinging Romeo's waste into their yard if their cat's going
to hang out in mine. :)

You can hope, but I think they will be back to enjoy
all of your plants on a daily bases while Romeo is
inside...

I wish there was a way to tell them to eat something particular.  I'd
gladly buy them lettuce if they'd eat it, but no...  They decide the
hydrangeas are tastier and it's all over.  :)

Chris