Re: Baby bunnies

> I don't mean to do it.... but by the time I see the
> small bunnies in the grass, it is too late. sigh.

I did that once too.  I was helping a friend with his lawn-mowing business
and ran right over a nest.  I remember seeing pulsing chunks of flesh in
the lawn and feeling terrible.  We picked up the rest of the babies and
brought them to the local wildlife shelter.

I've only killed an animal one other time, and that one made me feel even
worse.  I had starlings in the yard that were chasing cardinals away from
my bird feeder.  My neighbor told me to shoot at them with a BB gun -- he
said that he did it all the time because the BBs just bounced off them.

For the most part he was right, and it seemed to be working.  But then
one day a starling took flight just as I fired and I hit it under the wing.
It flew a little, then spiraled into the yard and just flopped around,
pooping everywhere.

I ran inside trying to figure out how to put it out of its misery.  In the
short time I was gone the neighbor's cat had gotten to it.

That was about 8 years ago.  I vowed never to hurt another creature like
that again...

Chris