Re: Baby bunnies NOW Discouraging Neighborhood Cats

> Wow- that sounds intriguing.

The best part is that the fragrance continues all season.  It's usually
strongest on warm summer days with gentle winds or after a rain -- on
those days I can pick it up 100' away.  Otherwise it's a close-up kind
of thing.

The plant at my parents' house (from which I collected seed) is actually
a seedling from the Morton Arboretum.  When I interned there they had a
clump of three and I was responsible for weeding around them.  We always
pulled plant seedlings, so I asked my boss if I could keep one.

Regardless of how my seeds do, I'll probably try cuttings in June as well.
My hope is to try breeding it for increased fragrance or crossing it with
some other wild roses.

I'm also experimenting with Lonicera prolifera; I have seeds from two
different sources and am trying to breed them for bluer foliage.  Here's
the one in my garden:

   http://www.hort.net/gallery/view/cap/lonpr

We'll see how they turn out!

Chris