Re: bunnies/ edibles

That's just it.  A lot of us have the book, Edible and Useful
Natives.....it's a great read, interesting, but without someone actually  preparing the
foods and having them available, not many of us would try  them.  It's kind of
like we needed someone there that would actually show  you what parts to eat, and
what not....and then getting to try it.  It  really was fun.  I might now try
to actually eat some of the things in the  book.

By the way Donna....one of the edibles I always read about is the Water
Hyacinth.  We didn't have that one to try.....probably because it's an  illegal
plant, although it is abundant.  My dogs eat it all the time when  they come
across it.  They seem to really like it.  I've never been  brave enough to try it
though.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 3/19/2006 9:16:52 PM Central Standard Time,