Re: Hydrangeas (was Wisteria question)

Our Sadie Rays are small, not near as large as your shrub most like is. They are cuttings grown by a supplier which we planted. they've grown some, but I'd guess less than a foot tall. they wouldn't have as much leaf coverage promoting transpiration. They probably got watered twice a week. they're growing in a sort of half sun location, underthe outer edge of a tree canopy and facing west.
Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2006 8:06 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Hydrangeas (was Wisteria question)

Well then they must be a better match for our climate. Mine would be wilted
daily by the time I got home from work...I felt I was living with Pam in
TX...and No, I didn't have them in the sun but felt the brick wall might
have been to close, hence my decision to move it this spring.

It did spring back after a cool drink of water, but then the process started
all over again the next day... sigh.

Donna