Re: rain - finally!

In a message dated 03/19/2006 9:52:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gossiper@sbcglobal.net writes:
Auralie,

Didn't you get some major snow with the storm that dumped 26 some inches in
NY?

We really haven't gotten much snow, but it seemed to rain with regularity
here over the winter. The back of my yard is soggy, but normally it is
flooded about this time. Another thing interesting is the soil is not cold
anymore either, although I didn't try the butt weather test.
No, Donna.  Although we are only 40 miles north of Manhattan
where they recorded record snows, we had only about 14 inches,
and that was the only significant snow all winter.  Other falls have
been in the two-three inch range.  There was heavy rain in January -
after bitter cold in early December.  Not much percipitation of any
sort here since.  Snowfall this morning didn't even cover the grass
though some north of us had a couple of inches.  We are in a very
dry pocket. And extremely high winds in the past couple of weeks
have dried out whatever moisture there was.
Auralie