Re: winters back......

Our big snows in neIN were usually in February, you could just about bet Valentines Day would be loaded with white stuff. The blizzard of 1978 was a tad early on January 25, but generally February, with an occasional snow in March. For some reason this year the worst occurred in December, very odd.

All the snow and rain many of you have mentioned will be hitting south of us. This seems to happen a lot. I don't know why, but the less appreciated precipitation seems to head our direction and then goes north or south of us. Parts of central and central/southern IN are having floods, but we are fine. It's cold here; I saw them showing a nasty Canadian cold air mass coming down on us. It's going to stay cold for several days and then maybe pop up a bit by Sunday. Typical for March.

neIN, Zone 5
All through growing up in
Indiana, we always got our biggest snows (and an occasional blizzard) during
the basketball finals.