To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:27 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT]Discouraging Neighborhood Cats NOW Poncirus trifoliata

How big do they get where they are hardy and will they survive w/ little
supplemental watering?

On 3/19/06, Christopher P. Lindsey <lindsey@mallorn.com> wrote:
> Yeah, Poncirus trifoliata is the preferred root stock for many citrus
> grafts owing to its cold tolerance and nematode resistance. Will it
> fruit in your neighborhood, Chris? Bitter, bitter, bitter!--not just
> thorny--although the zest [and maybe the whole peel] ought to be good.

I don't really care if it fruits or not -- it's actually done its duty
already.  No more neighbors trampling my plants!  :)

It's barely hardy here, so I'm not sure what it'll do.  It seems to have
topped out at about 2'.  I'll be thrilled if it does flower and fruit,
though!

That corner of my hard is very well-protected.  I have a Davidia
involucrata var. vilmoriniana (supposedly the hardiest variety) growing
well there too.  I really hope it does well!

Chris

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX