Re: Fresh Strawberry Pie

The key is to not use that horrible "glaze" you find in jars in the

Fresh Strawberry Pie

Bake your favorite crust. 9 - 10 inch, deep dish. (I like a classic
pastry crust, but some use graham cracker.)

6+ cups of whole strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and dried. If very
large, cut in half.
	Reserve enough of the berries (around 4cups) to generously fill your
pie, and set aside.
	Puree the remaining berries  (2 cups) in a blender.
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/8 t salt
in a saucepan and
Wisk in
1/2 cup water
Stir in
pureed berries
2T fresh lemon juice
2T butter, in small pieces

Cook, on medium high heat, stirring constantly until cornstarch
thickens the sauce. Remove from heat.
Place half the reserved berries in your crust, pour half the hot
sauce over them, distributing as evenly as possible. Then place the
second half of the berries on top,
and pour the remaining sauce on. Refrigerate at least 4 hours to set.
Serve with whipped cream for the full experience. Best the day it is
made, but no one has ever complained about eating the leftovers a day
or two later!

Bon appetite!
Cathy, west central IL, z5b