OT for the Sewers among us...

I found this little gem in my 501 Sewing Secrets educational series Part 6
of 8 newsletter by Vicki Blizzard and thought some of you might enjoy it.

"Murphy's Law of Sewing
 Fusible interfacings always fuse to the iron.
 If you need six matching buttons, you will find five in your button box.
 The seam you meant to rip out is invariably the other one.
 When you are in a hurry, the needle eye is always too small.
 The fabric you forgot to pre-shrink will always shrink the most.
 The pattern you wanted to make again will have one key piece missing.
 If you drop something out of your sewing basket, it will be your box of
pins with the cover off.
 Whenever the construction process is going well, the bobbin thread runs
  The scissors cut easiest past the buttonhole.
 The magnitude of the goof is in direct proportion to the cost of the
 Your lost needle will be found by the person walking around barefoot.
 Collar points don't match and you've trimmed all the seams.
 The iron never scorches the garment until its final pressing.
 The steam iron only burps rusty water on light silk fabric.
 The sewing machine light usually burns out on Sunday.
 Pinking shears get dull just by looking at them.
 Gathering threads always break in the middle."

I wonder if we could come up with something similar for gardeners?  Hmmm....

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)