From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Pam Evans
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 8:21 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] need bird advice

A little wren has unfortunately made a nest in a wreath on my front porch.
I didn't realize it until Sugar jumped up there and knocked it down and when
I picked up the leaves and mulch that (I thought) accumulated behind it, I
found in my hands a small nest w/ 3 baby birds.  I quickly put it all back
together and in it's place.  Now, question is - if I move it, will the momma
bird find it?  Or take my chances (ha) that she won't knock it down again
the minute my back is turned.  Momma bird came back and started rearranging
shortly after I repaired the situation and I had to hold Sugar back on her
tether until I got cold and brought her in.  I can't keep her in for three
weeks until they're big enough to fly and I'm afraid to move the nest.  Any
suggestions folks?

TIA

--
Pam Evans