propagating azaleas and camellias

OK, I need some advice. There are several azaleas and camellias around
town that my friend Liz and I have no idea WHAT they are. We need help
on propagating. I know both are sort of hard to do and I've never had
luck when I tried it. One of the azaleas is in Liz's yard so it's no
issue if we need to air layer or just layer it (which is best??) but
others I would have to take cuttings from.

Any ideas, advice, etc?
Thanks!

Andrea
Beaufort, SC Zone 8b