Re: Re: Help with H. americana!

Ah, Kitty, well, if they're in leaf with small root systems, then
keep them moist or they'll wilt and keep them cool.  They want light
but not, necessarily direct sun nor really bright light.  If they
start leaning toward the light source, you'll know they'd like a bit
more light.   No telling about bloom.  Normally, they'll try to throw
flowers before they leaf out and during the process.  These have
prob. been grown in a g.h. environment and kept in leaf to increase
tuber size.

They will probably want to go dormant as warm weather arrives - let
them.  When they do, reduce watering but don't let them go bone dry.

Understand your reluctance to experiment on plants you don't own, but
you ought to give one a whirl and put some of your own stuff in it
and see how it does for you.  Then you'll know and if it works as
well for you as it did for me, it ought to make your life easier as
caretaker for the 'garden' plants.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Shadyside Garden Designs