Re: .../ shipping dates/Mick

We'll be lighting some candles for him here, Kitty.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2006 8:38 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] americana!/ shipping dates

I feel for you Gene. A lot of adjustments to be made.
Meanwhile, for my little April sale here at home...Meijers (kind of a regional, slightly upscale WalMart) has their early perennial sale. The nearly quart size, well rooted plants are $1.24 each. Pretty ordinary stuff, but I can pot them to gallons and they'll be rooted well enough to sell at end of April for $3-$3.50 each.
I added one nice blue fescue to my purchase, not for sale but for Mick. He loves grass. When I grew it from seed years ago my cats destroyed every one after I transplanted them outside. Mick is scheduled for surgery for a growth in or near his stomach on Thursday and since he's lost another pound, I'm doing anything I can to get him to eat something, even grass. Right now the only thing he's eating is deli roast beef. I'd rather he eat broth, but he's not interested. If you all would, say a little pet prayer for him please.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Bush" <genebush@otherside.com>