Re: Looking for the weekend!

Jim, your description reminded me of one of my favorite movies, "Caddy Shack." <LOL>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Looking for the weekend!

You made me wish once more that I could keep a few chickens here. They are such great animals. And, you're right, nothing makes them happier than a barrel of weeds--unless it's a coffee can full of tomato hornworms.

Gophers can really be a nuisance in a garden, orchard, and pasture. One July 4th my father dropped cherry bombs down all the gopher holes in our back yard--causing plumes of smoke to rise throughout the neighborhood.