Re: Looking for the weekend! Lab Hunting dog...

Our Dreyfuss also looks like a cross between a Dachshund and a GSD. When we adopted him, they said he was a Dachshund mix. He's got short stocky little legs and a long body, with floppy ears, but a Shepherd coat and tail. He's so short that his tail drags the ground when he's tired, and when he sneezes, he usually hits the floor with a thud. His stance and gait are much like that of a Shepherd, and he's definitely not hound-y in bark or hunting skills.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 6:49 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Looking for the weekend! Lab Hunting dog...

He had the typical Dachshund body and legs but the shepherd's coloration and
temperament and tail (OW!) Don't ask me how that ever happened (LOL!!!,)
but that is what the vet and the "accidental" breeder said was the heritage.
(The breeder bred both breeds as purebreds, and couldn't stand the thought
of putting the puppies down because they were mixed.)

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)