Re: impatiens substitute/Ball Harticulture

The photos were impressive. Another thing that impressed me is that (if I remember correctly) as big as Ball is, it is still family owned (or at least for the most part). In these days of conglomerates with everyone buying everyone else out, it was nice to see them holding their own.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 9:30 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] impatiens substitute/Ball Harticulture

In a message dated 3/28/06 9:28:02 AM, kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

Something to do with the woman who heads the division and all the changes
taking place at their display gardens.

Kitty, I didn't make the field days last year but it was an anniv yr for them
& they were closed the yr before for the redesigning of the gardens which
were done by Dough Hoerr (sp?) of Chicago who was responsible for the downtown
Chicago gardens, Des Moines Fleur Dr gardens and currently working on Des Moines
Riverwalk gardens & city library green roof. Our greenhouse group that did
attend the event said they were wonderful and so much improved from the
previous layout. I do hope I can make the trip this year.
Ceres