Re: Celebrate!

You should celebrate, that's wonderful news.
Godi zone 7
Mt. Vernon, VA

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 9:22 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Celebrate!

I lost my job a couple of weeks ago. The new franchise owners thought we weren't making enough money and it had to be someone's fault. Since it couldn't be the boss' niece, the one who performs the tests and works for straight commission, it must be me, the one who was getting paid.

I sent out resumes and hit the standard online job postings. I happened upon a short posting for a researcher at the recorder's office. A friend told me that short postings (job only listed for 5 days) meant they probably already had someone in house who wanted the job. But I applied and got an interview. I just scraped by on the typing test, but did well on the other tests, finishing all in about 40 minutes. The testing was scheduled to take 2 hours. When I arrived for the interview they said no one had ever finished the tests that quickly. We had a pleasant exchange, but nothing in detail, so I assumed my friend was right, the job was locked.

I got the call this morning and I start Monday! Can you believe it? More money, great hours, pleasant people, engaging work, retirement plan, and insurance. And they wanted ME. I wasn't too old or too fat or not good enough in some way. Maybe it's an omen. Good things come in 3s you know. Mick will be fine. and I don't care what the third thing is.

neIN, Zone 5