From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Jesse Bell
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 11:36 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] baobob and other delights

It truly is amazing. My son, who is now in Fallujah, called me last Sunday
and said besides the SMELL and stench of the place, the hardest thing for
him to get used to is the lack of GREEN stuff. No grass, no plants. He said,
"Mom, all is see is dirt, rocks, sand...and more dirt, rocks and sand...it's
80 degrees here and no green to be seen!" So I mailed him some dirt in a
zip-lock baggy, some wheat (cat grass) seeds and a shallow dish so he could
grow something green in his tent. I'm sure he'll laugh about that...but
hey...it's GREEN!

David Franzman <dfranzma@pacbell.net> wrote:
  Hello Jesse

No, I have no idea. It's amazing when you see gardens and plants from around
the world isn't it? We live on a pretty diverse orb~

David
http://www.atouchofthetropics.net