Re: what is WITH this weather!

I have lots of catchup to read.   What a week!   We were hit hard last
weekend by lots of rain, ice & snow.   Thousands still without power and we got it
again yesterday.   Everything is shut down today including the Interstate 35 &
80 north to Minnesota, west to Nebraska and east to Iowa City.   Natl Guard
have been called out to rescue  stranded motorist and maning shelters for those
the stranded and without electricity.    Winds are still strong but reduced
from last night and the snow is now very light. We have standing water under
snow in areas of our lawn as the ground is frozen so can't be absorbed.   The
sump pump is running dumping water out on top of the snow.   I think we got btwn
6-10 " snow yesterday and fortunately the rains melted a lot of the previous
snow except where the drifts are so high.   A good % of my shrubs are totally
covered with snow.     This seems like a small problem when reading of the
tornadoes and the lives lost.
      This has been a 'when it rains it pours' sort of time.   Our son has
been in ICU with pneumonia since   Feb 14th, was finally moved to a regular room
Tue night and if all goes well will be released on Mon.  A 47 yr old nephew
passed away last Thur and the funeral was Tues in btwn storms. I lost my
internet service last Fri.   My son has always taken care of my problems but I was
fortunately able to restore the service with the help of Quest.
     I assume you will or are getting our weather today, Donna.   Rich, are
you snowed or iced in?
     Thanks for all the comments on the washer/dryer question.   I was
fortunate to get my dryer repaired so I am on hold for a new one at this time.   My
son jokingly ask if the dryer was older than the repairman.   I think I am
leaning to a Whirlpool as this has been recommended by several appliance repair
people.   If I relied on the internet infor I wouldn't want to purchase any!
I know people usually do not respond if they are satisfied but holler if they
are unhappy.   A friend just called me the other day regarding her Maytag
Neptune which she has had for only 17 months.   The window in the door broke while
the machine was in a wash cycle resulting in broken glass mixed with her
clothes not to speak of the water mess.   The cost of a repair man to step inside
her door was $70 and then the cost of repairs.   She went to a commercial
launder and washed her clothes, dumped them in the dryer and noticed a spearmint
smell but didn't see anything till the load was dried.   She had liquid gum
coating her clothes.   She wasn't sure if the gum was in the washer or dryer but
she was frustrated.
     Hope you are all safe and warm!

 AOL now offers free email to
everyone.  Find out more about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol.com.