Re: small tiller/cultivator

I would have thought that all of you gals bashing us guys would realize that "he who dies with the most stuff wins". Anyway, about the Mantis, I've owned one for over 10 years, and just wouldn't trade it for anything. If you think you want one, go ahead and get it. The Mantis folks will let you try it out for either 6 months or a year, and if you don't want it, send it back and they'll refund your money. This sure seems like a win-win situation to me. As far as starting goes, I'm 65, and have no trouble starting mine, I use the edger attachment and it works fine. I mainly use my mantis to till up my raised veggie beds, and you can't beat it for doing that. In case you hadn't figured it out, I'm sold on the little tiller. I also own the Mantis power sprayer, for spraying my fruit trees. That also is a great piece of equipment.

Kitty wrote:

And who decided you needed all of these?

Don't get me wrong, I know that women overbuy things, too, but usually not things that take up so much space and do more-or-less the same job. (and no, a red sweater does not do the same job as a blue sweater. Nor does one black sweater always do the same job as another black sweater)

Last Halloween my exH asked if he could use my car to get a snowblower since he no longer had a truck. He bought the biggest one they had which was mounted on a pallet and fork-lifted into the back of my car. (small SUV with the top removed) He has a short, 2-car-wide drive and a small sidewalk leading to the front door. I asked why he didn't get something smaller and he said he wanted to be sure it had enough power. Well, we got it home, but the only space left in the 2-1/2 car, extra-deep garage was the path through the garage into the house. And no, he can't get his car in the garage. Instead there's one of those riding leaf-picker-uppers, a 15 inch wood planer, stacks of lumber, piles and piles of g**-knows-what, and every tool under the sun. Yes, my 14x25 garage has a lot of stuff in it but I can get my car in it, too. And, for the most part, I actually use everything in my garage. I don't think he has touched that planer since 1986.

When we cleaned out my dad's place he had 3 computers, 4 printers, 9 cameras, 4 TVs, 3 VCRs, 1 triple deck organ plus 2 separate keyboards, 2 guitars, 3 banjos, 1 violin.....