Re: what is WITH this weather!

Wow, that sounds like a wonderfully interesting day. Wish I couldve been there.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 9:18 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] what is WITH this weather!

We had classes on creating rain gardens, raised bed gardening,
underused and unusual trees and shrubs, growing and using herbs,
beginning vegetable gardening, herb butters and breads, heirloom
tomatoes, coleus, designing a perennial garden, perennials for a
tropical look, and body smart gardening. Our keynote speaker was
Carol Reese on the "Wilder Side of Gardening". We had 6 vendors who
were there the whole day. A MG couple provided 30 dozen homemade
chocolate chip cookies and the extension provided coffee and tea, so
morning snack was free! Admission included a box lunch. I ran the MG
used garden book, magazine, herb and houseplant sale (we didn't get
as many books or plants as we would have liked, but sold what we
had). Don't have the final figures or the tallies of the satisfaction
surveys yet, but I think it was a success! (Even DH enjoyed himself.)

Cathy, west central IL, z5b