Re: small tiller/cultivator

I think there's some kind of law involved here--something like the more of something you have, the less you will need it or use it, which is why you end up in HD'd nuts & bolts aisle every Saturday.

On Mar 4, 2007, at 10:33 AM, Kitty wrote:

And I have my Cafe du Monde can of leftover screws, nuts, bolts too. Very handy but doesn't always have what I need.
Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] small tiller/cultivator

I will never be one to cast aspersions about stuff in the garage. I have bought all of the tools (some hypothetically for my husband). There is nothing more frustrating that trying to make-do with a tool that isn't quite the right one- takes more time and risk getting hurt in the process. And yes- I do have jars on nuts and bolts and screws etc in the garage too!

Theresa

Donna wrote:
Ahhhh... now I understand! I suppose you have cans of nuts and bolts but
always need to go to the store to buy some for each new project too?

And I am sure my DH could complain about all of my stuff as well.... Although garage sales don't work in my neighborhood, they do in Vera's. For the last 6 months I have been boxing up stuff and we plan on selling
it off.... or something!

I guess my biggest gripe is 'having' what is needed to do the job, but not using it... I don't think any of those snowblowers have been started in 5 years.... and Kitty- the stair and oversized snowblowers were given
to us by other folks who didn't want to store them anymore....
everything ends up at my house!

   Donna
  Richard Apking <redfour@omni-tech.net> wrote:
I would have thought that all of you gals bashing us guys would realize that "he who dies with the most stuff wins".

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10