anybody planting out there?

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: anybody planting out there?
  • From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 12:45:27 -0600

Just got done planting my salvias and agastaches.  Had to convert the pepper
bed (such a water hog) into a xeriscape bed since we're in month 25 of the
drought w/ no end in sight.  Sedums, agastaches and salvias will now grace
this raised bed.  Have the daylilies half done and still have to get the
bluebonnets out of the lawn and into the beds so John doesn't mow them
down.   I'm constantly amazed how well they grow in clay and amanded even
though they like sandier soil.  Cut all the existing salvias and Texas star
hibiscus plants back since new growth is starting.  I forget how many of
them I have until it's time to cut them back.  And one of my Blanche Sandman
honeysuckles survived the drought, how exciting.  Other one's a goner but
since the birds like to roost in the thick vines, I'm leaving the skeleton
in place on the back fence.   Ah yes, another cup of tea and I'm back at
it.  Hope everyone else is having a fine day!

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX