From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Pam Evans
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 10:45 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] anybody planting out there?

Just got done planting my salvias and agastaches.  Had to convert the
pepper bed (such a water hog) into a xeriscape bed since we're in month
25 of the drought w/ no end in sight.  Sedums, agastaches and salvias
will now grace this raised bed.  Have the daylilies half done and still
have to get the bluebonnets out of the lawn and into the beds so John
doesn't mow them
down.   I'm constantly amazed how well they grow in clay and amanded
even
though they like sandier soil.  Cut all the existing salvias and Texas
star hibiscus plants back since new growth is starting.  I forget how
many of them I have until it's time to cut them back.  And one of my
Blanche Sandman honeysuckles survived the drought, how exciting.  Other
one's a goner but since the birds like to roost in the thick vines, I'm
leaving the skeleton
in place on the back fence.   Ah yes, another cup of tea and I'm back at
it.  Hope everyone else is having a fine day!

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX