Re: anybody planting out there?

I opted to work today instead of Sunday, but DH cleaned the rest of the east border. If it continues nice, he will start on the street side & the bed under the front window. I bought some trilliums at Home Depot & will plant them Sunday or Monday if the weather holds. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Cathy Carpenter" <cathy.c@insightbb.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 6:24 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] anybody planting out there?

I was out for 1-2 hours this morning, starting my planting bed
cleanup, until it started raining!

Cathy, west central IL, z5b

On Mar 9, 2007, at 12:59 PM, Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT wrote:

I'm waiting for the stuff I ordered from Bluestone to come in. Most of
it is for the space I cleared out of the front lawn last summer. I
have
been waiting for the dry garden to show some signs of life before I
decide on replacing stuff in there, but so far there's only activity
from the grass weeds, it's pretty discouraging. I really thought
more of
it would come back. I probably should have ordered new stuff before
now,
but I can always go to Theodore Payne nursery and pick up some things.
More expensive than mail-order and with natives I have not found
bigger
to necessarily be better but at least it will be a start. Well, and
maybe some will start showing growth, the garden guy for the LA Times
says you should wait till April.
Pretty darn dry here too, they say Los Angeles will have had the
driest
year in recorded history if we don't get significant quantities in
March. I don't know what the record is for right here but it's got
to be
in the running.
Not sure what I'll be doing in the garden this weekend but probably it
will be cleanup.

Cyndi