RE: anybody planting out there?

I got outdoors for a couple of hours today. All I did was some pruning as
the ground is still frozen and there are patches of snow and ice in places.
Lots of puddles in the low places as the water has nowhere to go!  The
hellebores look awful!  They and other perennials got fooled by the balmy
January temps and then came the bitter cold in mid-February and early March!
Some of the early daffodils are showing their buds!  I haven't checked for
crocus yet.

I bought some canna and dahlias at a local garden show. I might try starting
them mid March indoors. The only problem is getting them in some good light.
Most of my windowsills are crowded with plants already!

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)

chris@widom-assoc.com