Re: small tiller- great day today!

I am truly impressed, Theresa. I hope you didn't suffer too much from doing such a great job.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2007 9:27 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] small tiller- great day today!

OK- so on Vera's esteemed recommendation I went to Sears and bought the 4-cycle engine Craftsman mini-tiller and I LOVE IT! Whatever ninny wrote the review that they bent the tines must be nuts- I strongly suspect that they didn't realize several of the tines are bend inward (on purpose) to help stir up the dirt. I gave this thing a work out today. I tilled my veggie garden in about 20 minutes- amazing time and back saver. I tilled in dead leaves, greensand, compost, fertilizer and bat guano. It looks marvelous. Then I easily dug a trench near the wall and actually installed a true irrigation system. I extended one of the sprinker lines and but in about 5 multi-port mini-drip heads. It was so easy to put in the PVC pipe since I'd already roto-tilled! Today I actually got MORE done than I expected (this almost never happens to me!). I put in minidrip lines and sprayers, fixed up the other area near the house replacing/fixing all the minidrips there too (the stucco guys simply aren't too careful to set up scaffolding around drip emitters). So- that side of the garden/house is now all fixed up! I bought some seeds today and have others from Peaceful Valley that i intend to plant in windowsill seed trays tomorrow. I also cut, WOWed and fertilized the front lawn (and also the veggie garden that I tilled), hung the bee house back up on the eave, and moved a really big pot (that I got at OSH on sale yesterday) to the back patio. Now that the stucco is all finished (finally!! and it looks great) I moved pots, and furniture up next to the house again. I have the distinct impression that I may be immobile tomorrow- today was the official first day of spring for me and I worked outside from 8-6. It was great!

Theresa

Donna wrote:
well it does sound like you are organized..... anyways... just curious if you
asked Ms. Fatma what was in the garage what her comment would be.... LOL!
Donna