Re: It's twins!

Congrats on the new babies Cyndi!
On the subject of weather, we may have had a record high today, about 74. I took the afternoon off on the pretext that a friend was coming to fix my garage door opener. He tried, but it is toast. But that still gave me a long afternoon of cleaning the garage and doing a bit of yardwork. Beautiful day! But they say we'll be cold again before long.

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 12:42 PM
Subject: [CHAT] It's twins!

Our holdout ewe had twins last night, I sat and watched to make sure all
came out okay (pun intended). It was a nice evening actually, I barely
needed a jacket. I did help clean the nose & mouth of the second one but
otherwise, all is well. Big sigh of relief, we had such a hard time last
year with one of them and I just did not want to be midwife again!
It's supposed to be in the 80s all week and then cool off, and who knows
how cool that will be, but I am giving serious consideration for this
weekend to plant everything that gets direct seeded. Corn, beans, squash
etc; I'll cover with ag fabric and we'll see how it goes. I'll leave the
tomatoes and peppers in the greenhouse for now. It's almost a month
before I would normally seed the summer veggies...so maybe I'll only
plant the ones where I have extra seed, in case it does get cold.