Re: anybody planting out there?/what's blooming

I hope you're right, Gene.  A couple of newer, younger plants of
a different species - I'd have to look it up - that were moved down
to the garden last fall in the oil-tank fiasco, still look pretty good.
But that seems to be a slightly milder microclimate.  I think it
was the bitter cold with no snow cover, followed by the solid
block of ice that lasted another couple of weeks that did the
damage.
We've had three thaw days, and a lot of the ice is gone, but
we're predicted to have 4"-6" of snow tonight.  Goody!
Auralie

In a message dated 03/15/2007 7:50:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,