Re: anybody planting out there?/what's blooming

Auralie we are now back to winter here. Temps dropped to the 20's last night. I have to hit the road for Piqua,Ohio and the Hosta College today. Tomorrow is the big day of meetings and "classes" all day. I teach two classes this year. One in the morning, one afternoon. Every time we volunteer to go up and teach it snows or has freezing rain on us coming home. Hope this year is different......
   We are to be back in the 70's by mid week...
   Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana

I hope you're right, Gene.  A couple of newer, younger plants of
a different species - I'd have to look it up - that were moved down
to the garden last fall in the oil-tank fiasco, still look pretty good.
But that seems to be a slightly milder microclimate.  I think it
was the bitter cold with no snow cover, followed by the solid
block of ice that lasted another couple of weeks that did the
We've had three thaw days, and a lot of the ice is gone, but
we're predicted to have 4"-6" of snow tonight.  Goody!