From: james singer
<islandjim1@verizon.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Saturday, March 17,
2007 9:17:57 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Happy St. Patrick's Day

Back when I used
to do such things, I discovered the brisket is corned
with lots of different
herbs and spices--probably as many different
combination as there are people
who corn their own. If you butcher a
steer, there's really nothing else you
can do with the brisket except
corn it. Otherwise, it's as tough as shoe
leather.

On Mar 17, 2007, at 11:56 AM, Kitty wrote:

> You lucky duck! Send
me a postcard.
> Yes, boiled bacon or lamb stew would be more traditionally
Irish.  The

----- From: "Theresa W"
<gardenchat@hort.net>
> Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2007 9:30 AM
> Subject: Re:
[CHAT] Happy St. Patrick's Day

>> Hey all-  Happy St. Patty's to you all.
I AM going to Ireland this
>> year!! I'm so excited, just holding my breath
and waiting for April
>> 27th to come- yeah!  Oh, and I was watching the
"Good Eats" on TV
>> last night and learned that corned beef is an American
thing- it
>> didn't come from Ireland.
>>
>> Theresa
>>
>> Kitty wrote:

Happy St Patrick's day to all of you.
>>> I hate travelling but Ireland is one
place I would love to visit
>>> someday, but not this year.  Today we're
having lunch for my sister,
>>> Pat's birthday. Then tomorrow I'll have her
over for a corned beef
>>> dinner. Gotta get busy now and wrap presents.
>>>
>>> Kitty
>>> neIN, Zone 5

Island Jim
Southwest Florida