Re: spring

Robins will often take fruit, small bits of cheese, bakery products including bread, crackers and piecrust. Toss them on the ground and see what gets taken. If you can get out and about, pet food stores have mealworms, which are better than the above.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 9:57 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] spring

Saw a robin today!  We thought we heard one Sunday morning
as we left for church, but today we saw him.  The poor thing
looked pretty miserable.  We're still covered with a heavy layer
of ice from last week's storm.  Two thaw days have helped a
bit - we were able to clear the front doorstep today, but still
can't get my car out of the garage.  I don't know what to give
the poor robin - they don't come to the feeders.  I know there
are no earthworms coming up yet.  The poor thing just got
too enthusiastic about coming north too early.
Auralie