From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Donna
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 12:27 PM
To: gardenchat list
Subject: [CHAT] update

It has been gorgeous out for the last few days or so here, 77 today, but
that is all coming to end shortly- so they say! (they are claiming the
temps dropped 17 degrees in 5 minutes) What is with this weather!

But Auralie I did notice that although many of my hellibores looked
dead, once the hot weather hit, I did get some more stalks come up and
now I have one blooming and another about too!

Many trees and shrubs are budding out and this weather is gonna have a
big impact whether I actually see spring blooms or not. The ponds are up
and running. I see my waterlillies are going to have to be thinned as I
can't believe how over run they got.-again! Fish survived and all look
healthy, but they don't feel like being friendly, so the jury is still
out on that. They have grown alot over the winter which kinda surprised
me. (they usually don't double in size!)

I cut down my grasses and a few things, afraid to do too much...- it's
gonna get cold here again!..

Donna