Re: update

Cyndi,

Do you have a freecycle group in your area? Horse manure is very popular on our local lists, though of course the list leans very heavily towards baby clothes, picture frames, toys, decorative items, computers, furniture and kitchenware, plus used appliances. I've gotten some neat stuff, too - like enough leftover patio stone to make a walk-way.

http://www.freecycle.org/

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 9:49 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] update

Sounds like they need to go alright. Are you putting anything new in
there or just waiting for the ivy to come back?
We used to rent a dumpster for several weeks in the spring for all the
clean-up. But it seemed like we were always piling up stuff over the
year waiting to rent the dumpster. So we just rented a smaller one
permanently. I started dumping the horse manure in it recently, there's
too much of it to compost. Now before we even start garden clean-up the
thing is half full. At least we're getting our money's worth.
Our neighborhood association also does a clean-up weekend where they
hire the huge dumpster and members can get rid of stuff. It's very
popular.

Cyndi