Re: Baptisia Bicolor Starlite Prairieblues

There is a good picture of this plant on the White Flower Farms website. I 'Googled' the picture, and it showed the buds as you described; the actual WWF site showed the blooms.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2008 5:13 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Baptisia Bicolor Starlite Prairieblues

Does anyone grow this?
I'm having trouble with the descriptions and pictures. It is variously described as

1. dark mahogany/violet flowers
2. Deep violet-lavender buds unfurl into handsome periwinkle-blue blooms, each with a contrasting butter-cream keel.

Photos appear anywhere from pink to lavender to blue to violet to dark red.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5