Re: This is SO not fair

I can totally identify with you, Cyndi. The nicest days of the week are generally when I'm at work or have necessary indoor chores.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 11:01 AM
Subject: [CHAT] This is SO not fair

Last week was gorgeous. Absolutely flawless weather. I was really
looking forward to riding and working in the garden over the weekend. So
Saturday morning as we're loading up the horses, a breeze came up.
Okay, so it won't be perfect weather, but it's not so bad and we drive
off. Fifteen minutes later, just long enough to get us out of the
'burbs, there's tumbleweeds outpacing the truck and so much dirt in the
air we could barely see. So much for riding.  We turned around and went
This was so disappointing I couldn't stand it. I could not spend yet
another weekend inside. It wasn't cold so I went to Lowes figuring I'd
get some stuff for the tea garden. I bought a few gallon pots of
liriope, mondo grass, smaller pots of blue fescue, plus some Spanish
lavender and a couple herbs for the veggie garden. As I'm standing in
line the wind is howling through so bad their displays of bedding plants
are getting knocked over and all the garden center folks are scrambling
to get everything under shelter.  Just great.
When I got home I decided I might as well keep at it. By the time I was
done I had so much dirt in my contacts I could barely see, but by golly
all those plants are in the ground.  And once I could see again, I
grabbed my seeds and went into the greenhouse. All the tomatoes and
peppers are sown.
Sunday morning dawned nice & calm, I met my friend for our hike at 6:30.
By 6:45 the wind had picked up again and by the time we got to the top
of the ridge we put on our hats and earmuffs, and by the time I got home
at 8:30 the trees were bent over. There was no choice, husband and I had
to clean livestock pens, so once again I spent half the day getting dirt
- and other stuff - in my eyes.
Today, though, today is beautiful. There is no wind at all. I'm thinking
dark thoughts about weather, let me tell you. On the plus side I did get
to spend quite a while in the greenhouse and I did get some plants in.
But really, this weekend weather @#%@ has to stop.