Re: Quiet today

Yeah, I know, but Squinty won't let me stay in bed any later. One of the contributing factors to my puzzlement is the fact that I live pretty much on the western edge of the eastern time zone. The western part of the state--mostly the panhandle--is in the central time zone. When I was stationed in Apalatchicola during the Forgotten War, I lived in central time and worked [20 miles away] in eastern time. I don't think I've ever recovered from that.

On Mar 10, 2008, at 12:12 PM, Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CG/SCSRT wrote:

See, there's your problem - you got up at 4:30. On a Sunday! :-)
We generally don't think of the difference in times until we go to work.
We have to turn on lights in the morning regardless of DST or not so it
isn't any different for us. Drove off to work in the dark but it's
daylight when we got here.
And I will be really glad of that extra daylight when we get home.

Cyndi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 11:48 AM
To: Garden Chat
Subject: [CHAT] Quiet today

All day--since about 4:30 this AM--I've been holding my breath, waiting
for a consensus to develop about this earlier-than-usual DST. But there
doesn't seem to be one. When I got up, I turned on the lights, the
computer, the TV, and [of course] the heater. The sun finally came up
at 7:30 so I could dowse some of the lights by 8:30 when it was finally
daylight and the skylight began to dispel some of the gloom. So, in
all, I used some pretty intense electricity for 4 hours this morning. I
think those Santa Barbara researchers are probably right. DSL is likely
a loser.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W