I'll try to report in every day or so.

Not sure when I'll leave--probably in a month or so. The exact date has to do with things over which no control.

My sister lives in Keizer, Willamette Valley between Portland and Salem.

On Mar 16, 2008, at 4:40 PM, David Franzman wrote:

Well that's stinking disappointing! Do let us know where you are though.
When do you actually leave Jim? What town is your sister in?

DF

----- Original Message ----
From: james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2008 1:17:10 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Fuel surcharge on plant orders

Yeah, I suspect the main differences in gasoline prices are largely a
function of state taxes--and states with better roads, such as
California, have higher gasoline taxes.

About staying with friends... I expect Squinty and I will be on a
beeline to cover the territory as quickly as possible and won't to
indulge in the luxury of a relaxed journey, but we appreciate all the
offers.