Re: Fuel surcharge on plant orders

I believe it was Jan 1st.... UPS up'd the entire fee range.... and yes surcharges do appear as you do your online billing.

  with the price of oil.... everything is going up or will be.

  Donna

Gene Bush <genebush@netsurfusa.net> wrote:
  All very short-sighted, Kitty.
She could do the extra fee for fuel on web site, but can not go back for
an area they did not originally cover. Everyone who has ever mailed out a
catalog in the nursery business has been caught like this at one time or
another. Usually to some degree each year, just after the catalog is printed
and mailed. WWF has spent over the $2.50 in employee time and telephone
expense just talking to an irate customer... irate customer is the key word
here..... not a 'good thing'.
we have not called UPS as yet to kick in our account for this year. We
will ask about the fuel surcharge before we open for pick up.... thanks for
the heads up. Postal Service changed all their definitions and charges last
year.
We actually cut our handling fees in this year's catalog... and now if
we use UPS looks as though they will be taking another cut.
These costs go all the way back up the line, you know. Out suppliers
charge us surcharges on deliveries... all the items they deliver are up in
costs for their suppliers upped wholesale costs to the resellers. Bottom
line is everything costs more. Be interesting to see where this season ends
up at the bank.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com