From: Judy Browning [mailto: judylee@lewiston.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 09:54:53 -0700
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Fuel surcharge on plant orders

$3.33 here midweek. I filled my daughter's big old Chevy, $60.
Ouch.<br>----- Original Message ----- <br>From: "Zemuly Sanders"
<zemuly@comcast.net><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Sunday, March
16, 2008 8:41 AM<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] Fuel surcharge on plant
office, either. I must <br>>say I was appalled to read WFF would insist
on a surcharge for an MG order. <br>>They are notoriously expensive, but
I didn't realize they were that bad. <br>>BTW, I did get a "new" car --
a 2007 Toyota Yaris. It's getting around 40 <br>>mpg, which is a lot
better than the 20 mpg I got with the Xterra. Also the <br>>10 gallon
gas tank makes a fill-up a little less traumatic. :o)<br>> zem<br>> zone
<kmrsy@comcast.net><br>> To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>> Sent: Sunday,
March 16, 2008 9:44 AM<br>> Subject: [CHAT] Fuel surcharge on plant

spring, mostly for MGs. The <br>>> MG orders have to be mailed in
becuase they have to pay by check, so <br>>> where possible, I used
their catalog order forms.<br>>><br>>> I used the catalog form for White
Flower Farm, followed instructions and <br>>> double-checked my
aritmetic. The email confirmation came yesterday <br>>> showing I owed
$2.50. ??? I rechecked the copy I'd saved of my order, <br>>> then went
online to see if anything was different, and it turns out that <br>>>
online they are passing on a $2.50 UPS fuel surcharge. I called and told
that it <br>>> occurred after the book went out. Right, I understand,
but I don't think <br>>> I can submit a request for another $2.50 check.
(oh, I could, but I don't <br>>> WANT to) She didn't back down, said
they HAD to pass on the charge. I <br>>> said, puh-leeze - our plant

was $85, you are charging $8.00 for <br>>> fennel and single Maverick
pelargoniums!, you can't absorb the $2.50? She <br>>> agreed but her
hands were tied....then she said there was a way to fix <br>>> it. She'd
give us a $5.00 credit for "referring a friend"; it was the <br>>> only
option she had. So now we're getting $2.50 back. Does this make a <br>>>
lot of sense?<br>>><br>>> I filled up yesterday at $3.29 gallon. That's
nearly $50 for a tank of <br>>> gas. The price of cat litter is climbing
fast, I assume because it's so <br>>> heavy to transport. Target was
discontinuing the Tidy Cat line so I <br>>> "scooped" up 4 pails at a
nice discount.<br>>><br>>> I could understand smaller, privately owned
nurseries passing on the fuel <br>>> surcharge, but the smaller ones I
know of mostly use the post office and <br>>> so far I haven't heard of
any surcharge at USPS. I know stamps are going <br>>> up in May, but has
anyone heard of other rate increases or surcharges at

To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with the<br>>>
message text UNSUBSCRIBE GARDENCHAT<br>><br>>
virus found in this incoming message.<br>> Checked by AVG. Version:
7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.7/1330 - Release <br>> Date: 3/15/2008

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com