Re: Gas prices around the country

There is probably some gouging going on, but in general I understand that the retail price of gasoline is based on its replacement cost not on the price paid for it.

On Mar 19, 2008, at 6:18 AM, Donna wrote:

Is there a local tax that is raising it?

I really believe they charge what they can get away with. Crude oil goes up and instantly the pump price goes up- why is that? It isn't like they
paid more for the on hand gas they have.....and that new barrel price
isn't processed and in their tanks in the same day....sigh.

  Donna

Patricia <pdickson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
We filled up in OKC today at 3.03 but here in town it is 3.19. Why so much difference is what I always ask. It is always 10-11 cents a gallon higher
here.
Tricia
----- Original Message -----
From: "Theresa G."
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 8:26 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Gas prices around the country

$3.49 at Costco discount price yesterday.
Theresa

Melody wrote:
$3.19 here today. I've taken to only putting about 1/2 tank of gas in at
a time...it feels like it hurts less that way. And considering that a
minivan does only about 21 mpg and I drive an average of 12-15,000 miles
per year...ouch!!!

Sorry to hear you won't be stopping by Jim on your way west but I'm sure
we can all understand your need to get the trip over with as
expeditiously as possible. Just make sure you do stop somewhere and get
a good sleep in now and again. How many days of driving do you
anticipate?

Blessings in Christ's mercy,

Melody
Work for the Lord: the pay isn't much but the retirement is out of this
world!